Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's Tuesday...

Hey there...it's me...the other half of the blog. Wait...am I still the other half or do I now count as the other 2/3? There's something to let your mind ponder...ok stop...the smoke coming from your brain is making it hard to read the screen anymore. ;-)

So, today was a pretty busy day. I actually had to get up and be a productive human being. I started my new job working as the accounts payable/accounts receivable assistant. It was slightly overwhelming and very busy. I'm not only learning my job but cross-training to learn everyone else's job too. I like that people can cover for me if I have to miss work...but this learning their job thing...that's for the birds LOL!!! Wouldn't it be a better policy just to tell them that I, the Princess, am the only one that will be allowed to miss work from this point on? hehehehe...I like this idea. Maybe I'll wait a day or two and make a suggestion LOL!!

Being that I had to work today, L had to work alone (sans his secretary). I don't know if he'll openly profess his undying love for me and his need to have me firmly planted in that seat next to him (or as he calls it, his "desk")...but I'll be the first to admit that I had a rough day today. I really missed him. It's hard to go from seeing each other 24/7 for 5 months to only seeing him for maybe 2 hours or so. I know we were really blessed in a way to have had that time together, especially with a baby on the way...but in some ways it made going back to work really hard. Then again....maybe I'm just super hormonal at the moment. I had a little meltdown on the way home because the house would be empty, so I soothed myself with a thing of oreos that I had been craving for a few days (no, I didn't eat the whole damn bag....but I could have). Isn't it funny how I went from independent and content to be alone to "independent" and hating the silence of an empty house because I miss that crazy boy? Ha! Who would have ever thunk it? Oh, I'm sure I'll learn to love the silence once the crying peanut arrives...but for now it's going to take some adjusting.

The baby is doing well...Still making me urp though not as regularly. Certain foods still really get me (like anything even close to being related to the dairy section), but I'm adjusting. L is such a trooper. He really is taking care of me. I couldn't ask for a better husband and father for my little peanut. He's amazing! Anything I need (even a cool cloth while I'm bowing to the porcelain god), he just jumps right in and takes control. I rest completely assured in the fact that my baby will never want for anything and will never be without the love and support of a wonderful daddy. He really makes this pregnancy thing a lot of fun!!

Not much else going on here....living one day at a time. What's new with you? How's your day going? Anything exciting? We miss you all (even those who live super close) and send our love to you in truck loads!!! Till next time.... Forty Nerdy!!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey chica!!! Congrats on the job!!! I am so glad you were able to find something that 'fit'! I am eyeball deep in school work...this sucks. Think I can use the "Princess" thing to get out of midterms?? It's worth a shot!
Lub you guys tons...forty nerdy in fact!
Oh...& to pass the time while you are alone, you NEED to read Harry Potter....it's good for the mama brain! :)

stacy a said...

Hey kiddo!
Yes, you were truly blessed to be able to spend that time together....just you and L. Little did you know it was because you would become parents so quickly. I told L that you both have a great memory to look back on (when you're older) and say remember when....? The house will never be empty, just quiet until sweety comes home and the baby arrives. Believe me when I say you will long for a quiet, empty house some days. I get what you mean though. Even though us "independent" girls like our alone time, I wouldn't know what to do if dad wasn't there to come home to. Glad you like your new job. I know I do because I'll get to see you every day for lunch(or almost). I think I would wait awhile on the princess thing......I'm sure after a week or so they will realize you're a princess and if they don't, wait until they get our sense of humor and then tell them. :)Love you (& L)infinity!

Jackie said...

Congratuations - a new job! Keep the princess card under raps, believe me, they will realize they've hired a gem and you will become their princess. Then you can pull that card out and use it to your advantage..LOL.
Quiet, what is quiet? Thank your lucky stars for the peace and quiet - come June 2008, you will quickly forget that quiet even exists. Well, you might get some quiet time when those grandparents snag peanut. Oh, but then you'll be dealing with spoiled peanut. Not that your parents would ever dream of spoiling a child, right?
Good luck on the new job and keep us posted stinker.
Take SM's advise, read Harry Potter. I'm on book 5 now and they are great!