Thursday, September 20, 2007

bundle of joy

Well it all started when F wasn't feeling very well and this continued on for a few days, and being the genius that I am...I got to thinking...Maybe she's pregnant? Nah! I thought. But her symptoms were so common with pregnancy, so we bought the at-home tests. The results were negative, so that got us worried. So we kept trying these tests and still...negative, negative, negative. How disappointing :-(

With her symptoms persisting, we thought that pregnancy is the only answer, if not, something was seriously wrong.

So off to Stat-Care for a blood pregnancy test. And after the longest 20-minutes of our lives, Doc says "your pregnant"

WOW, that was the 2nd best day of my life. (first being marrying F) I am going to be a dad, holy moses I am going to be a dad. That's a day I have waited for all of my life, and now it's becoming a reality. I couldn't be happier than having F as my wife and baby's mom. I just love her to the moon and back!

So we set up a doctors appointment for today and found out the due date for the little one is May 26th!!

So through many cravings, sleepless nights and doctors visits, our little bundle of joy will be coming into this world. We consider this to be a true blessing and cannot wait for our new arrival!

3 comments:

stacy a said...

I have to admit it is hard to believe.......BUT HOW EXCITING!!!!!
I'm gonna be a grandma! I'm (and dad too) so looking forward to being a part of your pregnancy. Watching you both as you go through each step and then bringing that wonderful baby into this world and our family.
I have to tell you that when I married dad I thought ' Man, this is it. I can't possibly love anyone more than this.' Was I wrong. When that baby arrives you just can't imagine the love you feel for it and each other. It is so amazing!
I think you will both be amazing parents (not that it's always easy) and pops & I are thankful and looking forward to being a part of your new family. Congratulations and we love you both!

Jackie said...

WOOOHOOOOO - I'm gonna be a great-aunt! And I'll be a great great-aunt too! Such a play on words, I can't myself. Anyway, so many congrats to both of you! I can't tell you how excited I was to get the news. This is fabulous. And OMG - SA and J as grandparents? I can see it all now. This is going to be one loved (spoiled) baby. F & L...be ready to have you new addition loved to death (not literally). I'm so happy for both of you and so happy for SA & J. I know how excited they are. F - you Dad is gonna be a grandpa! Yes, your Mom is going to be a grandma too! How cool is that? Wow, I just can't believe it. This is so special. Ok, so I'm starting to ramble here...I just love you both so much and I'm so happy for everyone and so looking forward to another family member! Woohooo, we're gonna have a baby..we're gonna have a baby! Seriously, I totally agree with SA, just when you think you can't love anyone more than that certain someone in your life....God so loving places a baby in your arms and in your heart...and you melt.

Stacy said...

Although I have know this little tidbit (hey there's a nickname for ya...the little tidbit...atleast until we have a name for the little one!) for days, I totally forgot to comment here. What can I say??? OMG! THIS IS SOOOOO FABULOUS! And I am sooo freaking excited! (And yes I was screaming! and jumping up & down!!!) Congrats! Congrats! Oh I wish I could hug ya! I love ya guys!